Monday, March 13, 2006

My sister is a nut.

my sister is a nut. she has four kids (Maja, Noah, Isabel, Oliver - all under 7 years old), 1 baby on the way (we believe it is a girl), - oh, yes, one husband (Josh- the best brother-in-law a single girl can have; knows about changing oil in a car, etc.) and one cat (Chumley). she tells me she started a blog and so i went into the blog site - and got caught up in starting my own blog. eek! I cannot even believe it. Here I am writing in a blog and I really don't know what I am doing - and at the same time I am thinking, "How does my sister have time to blog with all that is going on in her household?" So, my sister is a nut. But I am a nut lover. She is awesome.

I am sure if you live in her hometown, you have met her. She is the one with the four little wee ones following after her in the grocery store, as she says (I am paraphrasing here): "one is crying for a treat, one is laying in the middle of the toilet paper aisle, one is wiggling around yelling, 'I have to go pottie', and the youngest one is carrying a dirty diaper and cranky because it is past nap time (while she is protruding with beloved baby number 5) "- it is a sight that most people look at and say, "Thank God I am not in that picture", but some of us look at and think, "God, thank you. That is a picture that represents to us the patience, wisdom, love and care that you have for us."

We are whiny, we have full diapers many times (this is figurative, here!), we always want what we can't have or what may not be good for us, we demand attention and wiggle until we get it, we don't get our naps in when we should, we put our needs many times first before others, but God still looks at us and with great patience, wisdom, love and care lets us know that no matter what we are His and He is there to love us unconditionally.

Thanks God. I am blessed.

2 comments:

melanie said...

when I look at the kids(well, most days), my heart longs for them, to have everything they need. to enjoy their life, to see what really matters. i want to protect them from the world around them and disappointments, but i have to let them go. it rips me apart to see them fail, yet I get to see them grow through the pain. that passion that I have from deep within me loves them so immensely. yet I do not comprehend the passion that my father pursues me with, which i always forget, is so much greater than mine. I can not comprehend how he feels on days when I simply don't get my life, and he has to let me go in order for me to grow and figure it out.
praise Him that i have my sister to take my hand.
i love you-even if i am a nut. we are offically bloggers!

Natalie Joy said...

Welcome to the Blogger world, Michelle. I look forward to hearing more from you.
What a great relationship you and Mel have.